03 May 2011

Hello May, Hello You

So it has been awhile since I have posted anything. My reasons for this absence are twofold. First, I’ve learned my second and final knee surgery is scheduled for May, so I have been working diligently at both home and work to prepare for my 6 weeks off recovering. Second, with spring here, I’ve been spending a lot of time outside getting sun and being active while I can. Since the first surgery, I regained all mobility and have even been able to run sprints, albeit with pain. I find it extremely amusing how many comments I get in regards to the fact I have stayed lean and have not been running or working out.

Soaking up the April sun.
With my increase in mobility, I have periodically broken from my paleo dietary habits. From going out for a beer with friends or having a piece of homemade cornbread, I’ve done so in moderation. However, with the surgery coming in less than a month, I am going to transition back to strict paleo. Fortunately, my CSA starts next week, so I can start adding more fresh, local produce and poultry to my diet. I’ve always been pretty good about cooking and eating what I get per week throughout the week, greatly limiting how much I eat out or go to a grocery store.  

Although pain and immobility are forthcoming, I am looking forward to the surgery. I cannot wait to get back to normal or at least as close to normal as possible. I will have quite a bit of time to figure out what I want to do when I bounce back from this. I am thinking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.